- We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our websites, nor the information or content contained therein.
Types of Data Collected and How It Is Collected
Information you submit. When you request information, subscribe for a service, register as a user, respond to an online survey, send us an email or other communication, or otherwise actively send us data, we collect data such as: your name, email address(es), mailing address(es), telephone number(s), and certain information related to the business you represent (if applicable). In connection with services that require a payment, we will also collect payment information (e.g., credit card number and related verification information). In each such instance, you will know what data we collect through the site, because you actively submit it.
Information we automatically collect. As part of the standard operation of the site, we may collect information from your computer or mobile device, including but not limited to your operating system, browser type, IP address, and web request. In addition, we may collect information about how you use our site, such as the date and time you visit the site, the areas or pages of the site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the site, referring / exit pages and URLs, the number of times you return to the site and other click-stream data.
We may (with the help of service providers) set or access cookies or web beacons (also referred to as 1x1 pixel.gifs or action tags) on the site. We may use information from such cookies and web beacons to learn about your visits to the site and analyze such information to help us understand and improve the site’s traffic. This information may include: the date and time you visit the site, the areas or pages of the site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the site, the number of times you return to the site and other click-stream data, your IP address, and other automatically collected data. Specifically, Kinoma uses Google Analytics and Quantcast technologies on the site. If you would like to learn more about those technologies and your choices in how information used, please visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html and http://www.quantcast.com/how-we-do-it/consumer-choice/opt-out.
You can set your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent; however, some features of the site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. Refer to your browser’s documentation to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Collection Purposes; Use of Data
We use the data we collect for the following purposes:
- To respond to the request that you sent us: your request for information, request for support, or your request to subscribe to one of our services;
- To provide email alerts that you request;
- To administer, protect and improve our site and systems;
- To better understand the preferences of site visitors;
- To troubleshoot problems with the site;
- To collect aggregated statistics about site usage;
- To personalize your experience of our site or other websites;
- To improve our products and services and for use with our internal business purposes;
- To give you information about our technologies, product or service releases, news, and other communications;
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may combine the various types of data that we collect, and;
- Any other use we describe at the point where we collect the data.
- The site may provide interactive features (such as forums or message boards) that allow you to disclose information directly to other users and the public.
- Your participation in such features is completely voluntary and at your own discretion and we assume no obligations or responsibility with respect to the information you provide or share through such features.
- To participate in these interactive features, we may require you to register with us and provide information such as your contact information, name, company name, email address, location, phone number, and desired user name (which may be viewed by other users of the interactive features).
- We may use the information you provide during registration for analytical and development purposes (such as making product or service enhancements) and to enable you to use the interactive features and to manage your account.
- You may also personalize our interactive features by voluntarily providing additional information such as your location, instant message contact information, web site address, occupation, social networking information, and other information.
- Our interactive features may also allow you to upload an avatar or other graphical representation of yourself. If you voluntarily provide such additional information, it may also be viewable by other users of the interactive features and/or the public — so please do not provide information that you do not want others to see.
Where We Store and Process Data
We keep data in various locations in the state of California, and the Kinoma and Marvell group of companies also has servers, contractors and employees around the world in various locations, including, without limitation, other parts of the United States of America, Asia and the European Economic Area.
Disclosures of Personal Information
We do not sell or rent your information to telemarketers and do not share your personally identifiable information with others, except as follows:
- We freely share your information within Kinoma and our wholly owned affiliated entities.
- We also share your information with agents and service providers who use the data only on our behalf.
- Certain parts of our site may offer services or information specific to partners or customers (such as specific services for developers) and in such cases, we may share your personal information and activities on our site with those partners or customers for their business use.
- We may share or transfer your information in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business.
- Also, we reserve the right to fully use and disclose any information collected via the site that is not in a personally identifiable form.
- In connection with promotions or other projects, we may ask you specifically whether you have objections against a certain kind of data use or sharing.
- If you opt-out under such circumstances, we will respect your decision.
- To opt-out of receiving further commercial email or to unsubscribe from services, please notify us through email@example.com.
- Please note that other members of the Kinoma corporate family, our affiliates, and other data recipients have their own data privacy policies, which may differ from ours and you would have to contact them separately with respect to opt-out requests.
Access to Your Personal Information
If you wish to update any personal information that you submitted through the site, please visit http://www.kinoma.com/contact/ or by email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will usually be glad to update or amend your information for most requests, but we reserve the right to use information obtained previously to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate.
- Transmissions over the Internet can never be completely secure or error-free. However, we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration.
- It is your responsibility to keep secret any password and User ID you use to access the sites and to notify us by emailing email@example.com if you ever have reason to believe or suspect that this password or User ID has been compromised.
- You are solely responsible for any unauthorized use of the site conducted via your password and User ID.
- We are not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
- The site is intended for use by adults in the United States.
- Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important to us and for that reason, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register with the site.
- No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information to us or on the site.
- If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
Effective Date; Amendments
Our company is located at: Marvell Semiconductor, Inc., c/o Legal department, 5488 Marvell Lane, Santa Clara, CA 95054.
Last modified: March 12, 2012
Kinoma Software Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement covers only data collected by Kinoma software, and not any other data collection practices of network services or software that you access using Kinoma software or data that we or our partners collect offline or through web sites, products, or services that do not display a direct link to this Privacy Statement.
Types of Data Collected
License Data. When you activate Kinoma software, it will send a unique identifier to us to verify that you are running a valid and licensed copy of our software.
Kinoma software use. We collect aggregate usage statistics for Kinoma software, and use this information to improve our software. You can opt out of the collection of this anonymous information by turning off “Log Activity” in Network Settings.
Kinoma Guide Usage. We collect aggregate usage statistics for Kinoma Guide, and use this information to improve Kinoma Guide. You can opt out of the collection of this anonymous information by not installing Kinoma Guide.
Bug Reports. You may be prompted to send information to help us diagnose crashes or errors with Kinoma software. If you do not wish to send such information, you may decline when prompted.
Last modified: March 12, 2012